When I Know the Value | Film
What Tomorrow Brings is a documentary that follows the construction of a dream: the journey of these seven girls from The Zabuli Education Center to The Razia Jan Institute. Both schools are groundbreaking, providing education to girls and women for the first time. Beth Murphy of Principle Pictures is the director of the film, and was behind the impact campaign that raised $120,000 for the college, which will be the first-ever free, private college for women in Afghanistan.
The film will premier worldwide in January 2016, but in the meantime, you can see more at her site, Principle Pictures, Stories that Make a Difference, or watch the clips below and be taken inside the documentary and village. The clip on the left is the official trailer, and the other is a deeper look into the film and the students' stories.
You can also read more at the following links about the students, The Zabuli Education Center, The Razia Jan Institute and foundation, Razia's Rays of Hope, and Beth Murphy, GroundTruth Projects, and Principle Pictures.
- Rural Afghan Schoolgirls Pen Handwritten Letters to College That Doesn't Exist (PRI)
- Perilous Times Triumph These Young Women (PRI)
- Dangerous Idea Offers Girls Education (Rotary)
- The Zabuli Education Center
- The Razia Jan Institute
- Razia's Rays of Hope
- Guernica: Beth Murphy interviewed by Daniela Petrovo.
- GroundTruth Projects, where the documentary began
- Principle Pictures, founded by Beth Murphy